News from Commend
TETRA Mobile Radio Gateway for Intercom 2.0
New TETRA (Terrestrial Truncated Radio) is the dedicated future communication technology for public institutions and organisations specialising in security. With the support of existing standards, the new Commend TETRA solution opens up new communication channels and possibilities for cooperation.
Where mobile phone users are communicating over the GSM network, public authorities and security providers all over Europe use the growing TETRA network for their mobile radio communication. TETRA is designed to offer comprehensive communication coverage in accordance with specific security and availability requirements. Efforts towards establishing and expanding TETRA network infrastructures are already in full swing across Europe.
With the integration of Motorola mobile radio devices Commend has taken the first step into the world of digital mobile radio communication.
Key benefits of the solution:
- Full, seamless integration of TETRA radio communication into the entire Intercom system
- Access from the Intercom environment to analogue and TETRA communication via the same system
- Special functions for task forces (group switching via menu, scanning, simultaneous reception of multiple group lines, etc.)
- SDS reception and sending of pre-defined SDS messages
- Display of caller ISSI (Individual Short Subscriber Identity)
- Comprehensive failure prevention
- Automated triggering of events in the Intercom system via mobile radio gateway (e.g., alarms)