12,480 m single-tube tunnel
4 people in broken-down car. 1 quick intervention.
Roadside breakdowns and accidents in tunnels are a source of great danger. Also, the environment is heavily exposed to high levels of noise, dust and moisture. Help Points cannot always be installed behind soundproof doors. Water seepage and frequently used tunnel washing equipment means everything has to be water resistant. Integration of voice, video, alarm monitoring and control functions are essential to enable the Control Room operator to manage the situation in and around the tunnel efficiently. Communication to and from drivers, control of lighting, ventilation and traffic lights, signals and barriers are all apart of Commend’s Tunnel system applications.
- Emergency Call Stations with excellent 16 kHz speech quality and perfect audibility, even in case of high ambient noise levels
- Vandal and weather resistant Intercom stations, waterproof against tunnel washing equipment
- Announcements from Control Room to Drivers’ car radios via local FM radio channel
- Efficient information and hazard management, Public Address option and coordination of rescue forces through integration of tunnel and private mobile radio networks
- Carbon monoxide and other poisonous gas alarms
- Local and Main Control Desks